Your time is precious…so we will get straight to the point. We need your help to make a difference in the life of some of our community’s most at-risk youth.
The data from last year is startling:
- 24 Tippecanoe County youth were placed in a Department of Corrections facility
- 403 were detained in locked detention centers and
- 1,029 youth were arrested
And what we know about these children is that they are more likely than their non-delinquent peers to have been victims of child abuse or neglect…and that 97% of the abused children who are delinquent commit violent crimes. The data about what the future holds for these youth who do not receive the appropriate interventions is shocking. They are less likely to graduate from high school or be able to earn enough income as adults to cover their basic needs. They are more likely to have children out of wedlock and to end up in adult jails.
The time to make a difference in a child’s life is preciously small – so I give my time and money to an organization that I believe makes a difference for these at-risk youth – Jessie’s Kids Foundation. As a 501(c)(3), Jessie’s Kids is devoted to supporting youth in the Tippecanoe County Juvenile Justice system in their quest for an improved quality of life.
Among the things we do is provide incentives for academic achievement and financial support for character building activities. Your donation at the following levels goes a long way to support the children of our community:
· $25 provides hygiene items for 6 youth for 1 month to teach the importance of cleanliness and enhance self-confidence.
· $50 provides school supplies for one youth for one semester to support his or her academic pursuits.
· $100 provides tuition for a recreational activity for 3 youth for 6 months to teach positive engagement in the community.
· $250 provides clothing for 2 youth for one season to meet basic needs and enhance self-confidence.
· $500 provides support for Reading Club or an Arts Program for 25 youth for one year.
Your support will go a long way in enhancing the life of a child. We hope you will consider making a donation so that we can continue to support the most in-need youth in our community. You can mail your donation to 1530 S. 18th Street, Lafayette, IN 47905, or donate on-line by clicking the button on the right.
Thank you for supporting the youth of Tippecanoe County!